View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 16, 2009, 05:02pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsturdy5 View Post
This got me thinking about a local rec league I work. There is no GM. The director is never anywhere to be found. The coaches and players know they can get away with being disrepectful since most of the coaches work as a favor to their friend, the league director. I have only had one run-in in this league, but I am among the lucky ones. Several officials I know have had rather difficult times with spectators in this league.

How would you handle an in-game scenario here where there is no designated site administrator?
Unfortunately, this situation sounds similar to the Rec Leagues I work. I believe I have a fairly high tolerance and show patience with parents and fans. I have always "pre-gamed" that if there was a problem that required my attention, I would call the coaches together and let the offending coach know he has 1 minute to clear that fan/parent out of the gym or his team forfeits. "Table - start the clock."

Hope I never have to use it.