View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 16, 2009, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Classic

THe opening varsity game of the season is a double header GV / BV game. GV are #1 and #2, it was uneventful. The second game is last years state runner up in class 6a vs a very good rival team.

Behind V's bench, there is a guy making an a$$ out of himself during the first three quarters. I am C, early 4th quarter on a steal, fast break, steal and am in front of V's bench. #20 for V spreads both arms and takes 3 steps toward baseline with 3 defenders behind him and clears the path for the dribbler to score. I call the moving screen. This guy goes ballistic! I then hear the announcer state the name of player the foul is on.

The father of #20 is a D2 NCAA men's coach that has something like 700 victories in his career. The gym is packed and you can hear this guy yelling about the call for the rest of the fourth quarter. I finally asked the coach if he was like this every game and he said, "Unfortunately, he sits behind the bench each game and proceeds to coach his son and the rest of the team." Glad I do not see them very often.