Thread: Texas Brouhaha
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 15, 2009, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
Who cares? I'm not saying ARod is scum just because he did steroids, or got caught. I say it because he only admitted it after he was forced to, denied it for years, and then tried to blame it on anyone but himself and made excuses instead of manning up and taking responsibility for his actions. And, hey, maybe an apology to all the fans he let down, especially all the kids who looked up to him as a hero.

He is trying to tell us that he didn't know what the injections were for. I get sick of superstar athletes treating us like we're a bunch of stupid hick rubes. Of course as a pro athlete, making millions of dollars with his instrument of a body, is going to know exactly every single thing that goes into it. "I didn't know" is a bunch of BS.
Hrmmm I could fully see a highly paid athlete asking his trainer, "hey dude, whats in that shot" and the trainer saying "dude, you don't wanna know" and the athlete going along with it , because they just AREN'T THAT SMART! and they think they have a alibi for NOT knowing. just my 2 cents.