View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

We can have a pi$$ing match about this all day if you want. You and several others don't care for them...I and several other officials do.

I like them, I think they're decent and professional looking, and add a little class, maybe even a bit of pride, respect, or authority to the uniform as a whole. Something that is seriously missing in society when you see all of the flack and incidents that are happening between refs/umps and fans, players and such.

Obviously, you don't get why me or any of my crew want to wear them either. It's not about how much work it is to have your wife, sister, mom, or sporting goods store put a patch on your shirt(s). Getting a patch sewn on, temp glued, or velcroed on by yourself takes about as much energy as it does to get out of bed....or to get into position or out of the way when a play is coming right at you, for that matter.

I came here looking for in-depth insight to various areas of officiating certain sports, to share some things that I've seen over 15 years of officiating, and to bounce questions off of some others that have worked their sports long enough to give a concise, common, and correct answer to anything I may have an interest in and to see what others have witnessed over the course of their careers. A good portion of you guys seem like you're out for an argument rather than trying to point someone in the right direction. Maybe some of you should be coaching or in the stands instead, where you apparently see it all.