Thread: Inbounds play
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 14, 2009, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahogboy View Post
Hi everyone, I need your help with a question.

Our opponent (Red) was attempting to inbound the ball from under our basket. Red inbounds the ball attempting to throw it to a Red team mate, but my girl (White - defending) tips the ball back into the inbounding Red player who has not moved from her out of bound spot. So now our opponent on Red is standing out of bounds holding the ball. Ref awards the ball to Red team for another inbound. My player (white) was no where near the end line so it wasn't a matter of her standing on the line and the ball did not bounce OB before Red caught it.

This was right in front of our (White) bench and I immediately asked how he's giving it to Red when she's standing with both feet about a foot out of bounds holding the ball. He told me that my girl (White) tipped it last and caused it to go out of bounds. I then again made the point that it didn't hit the floor, and Red caught it standing out of bounds.

Can someone tell me whether he got the call right or wrong? The status of the girl throwing the ball in was OB so it should have been our ball. Correct?
Correct.