Thread: Counting
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaco54 View Post
I am trying to be more consistent and accurate on my 10 count and 5 count. I practiced the other night using a timer, as some of you have suggested, as well as timed myself against the clock in a few rec games this week. My arm swing is slow compared to actual time, by an average of 2 seconds. So, the 10 second count turns into 12 seconds and the five second turns into 6-7 seconds. I also monitored refs the other night in a BV HS game and they seem to be off by about 2-3 seconds as well. My five count is off 1-2 seconds. If I correct my timing to be more accurate, I believe I will be faster than my partners' and create inconsistency during the game. Any suggestions or comments on proper count mechanics. Thanks!
Hey, it worked for Lawrence Welk........

"Much of the show's appeal was Welk himself. His unusual accent appealed to the audience. (On one 1955 show, he mentioned Danny Thomas's series, "Mek Room fur Deddy.") While Welk's English was passable, he never did grasp the English "idiom" completely, and was thus famous for his "Welk-isms," such as "George, I want to see you when you have a minute, right now," and "Now for my accordion solo, Myron, will you join me?" . Another famous "Welk-ism" was his trademark count-off, "A one and a two..." which was immortalized on his California automobile license plate that read "A1ANA2".