View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2009, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

I almost Choked when I saw this thread

This happened tonight. Boys Freshman Game.

Home team from a small rural area. Visitors one of TWO frosh teams for a huge parochial power.

Visitors clearly think that they are playing a bunch of slow farmers. Apparently even started their second string. Home team hits two threes to start the game and have a little PG that is too fast for anyone on the "power" team to cover. My partner whacks the visiting HC in the 2Q for excssive whining. I overhear the HC complaining to his ***'t about how he is getting jobbed by these Yahoo refs. Little does he know that I live four blocks from his school.

Now advance to end of game. Score is tied with :03 left. Home team inbounds at half court and their SG drains a 30 footer at the buzzer for a huge upset win. I am on the baseline by our lockerroom so my partner is behind me. I am standing in the doorway of the gym when I hear yelling. As my partner comes up looking hacked off, I asked him if that was the coach. He tells me yeah that the coach said we "F---ing Suck". I said, well we haven't left the visual confines of the gym, so lets cost this guy some $$$$. I walked towards the bench while they are gathering up there stuf and advise the coach that I am assessing a second Technical for the outburst and that he is ejected. I told him to enjoy his vacation and the class he will have to take.

In Ohio, a coach is automaticaly fined $100 for an ejection on top of his 2 game suspension and must take an on line course on coaching ethics before he can coach again.

The first coach's ejection of my career.

Last edited by Ignats75; Thu Feb 12, 2009 at 11:41pm.