View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2009, 09:46pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Almost Ejected A Cheerleader Coach ...

Well. Not Really. I just titled this post that way to get your attention. Girls varsity game. First timeout, in the first period, is a thirty second timeout, clearly signaled by my partner. Home team cheerleaders begin to come onto the court. Thinking that they mistakenly thought it was a sixty second timeout, I instruct them to get back on the bench. During the intermission between the first, and second, period, I seek out the captain and explain to her how to tell the difference between a thirty (shoulder tap), during which they are not allowed to come out onto the court, and a sixty (arms extended), during which they are allowed to come out onto the court. Cheerleading coach now gets involved in the discussion. She says, "We've been cheering during all timeouts all season long?". I reply, "Then you've been doing it wrong all season long". She was hot, so I didn't toss her.

My books in my bag. What's the citation for cheerleaders and timeouts? I hope that I did it correctly.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)