View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 12, 2009, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmara View Post
So 30 second timeouts are really 30-60 seconds long? 60 second timeouts are really 60-180 seconds? hmm...Enforce the rules, resumption of play procedure (4-38, 7-5-1, etc)...Sounds like you have the authority to get the game going, use it!

-Josh
Of course not - 30 second timeout are sometimes 40 seconds though, by the time everyone breaks the huddle at 30 and gets into position. 60 seconds are sometimes 70.

I *could* take it upon myself to place the ball on the floor at 30 and 60 exactly - but I would be the only one in the area doing so, and would likely result in not having any games rather quickly.

I agree that there is an easy solution to this - but my point is that the solution has nothing to do with announcing horns, which basically amounts to begging them to do what they should be doing anyway.

Around here, the prevailing attitude is that the teams ahve until the final horn to huddle - then they are expected to come out and play - NOT that they are expected to be ready to play at the second horn. Shrug.

I don't really mind, to be honest - a few seconds is no big deal to me, if that is how they want it enforced. I just find the announcing of the horn bit ridiculous. It accomplishes nothing.