View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat-Man View Post
Can an offical eject a player without calling a technical foul if the event happens after the final buzzer?
Here's my sitch: Really, really ugly GJV game with a really bad visiting team taking out their entire season's frustrations on an even worse team. T'd one visiting coach, tossed some visitor spectators, home coach ends up with only four players because others had to leave to go to jobs or to "take care of sick mom at home". I mean this team was way, way bad. Visitors see their big chance and are really unsportsmanlike about rubbing it in. End of the game, visitor player holding the ball, i reach for her to give it to me, so I can leave it at the table (to help out the table person who's in a wheelchair) visitor player starts to reach it to me, and then flips it across the gym.

If I had T'd her, or better given her a flagrant T, she could not have played varsity that day, and would have had to pay other penance. Even though it would not have affected that game, she would have been punished for her actions and bad attitude, and might have learned a lesson.

Moral to the story, T when called-for regardless of the time of the infraction.