Thread: Opinions wanted
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
Opinions wanted

GV game, hack fest. Visitors (B) have been behind the whole game. We're in the last minute of the game. A couple of players from team B have already fouled out. A has the ball and is up by about 8 points. B1 puts two hands on A1's back and gives a small push---not enough to be dangerous, but enough to displace her. I call the intentional foul and report, notify B1 and B's coach that B1 has fouled out. B's coach, who has been vocal all night, can't believe the call. I explain and ask for the sub. Meanwhile, I hear a loud bang off to my right. Apparently, B1 has stormed out of the gym and loudly hit or kicked something. Neither my partner nor I see this, but it's clear what happened. B1's sub comes in and we line for FTs. I'm standing near the table, and I hear B's coach talking to B1 (who has come back into the gym, I guess) that it was inappropriate to act the way she did even if "the ref made a bullcrap call."

I have no doubt that the intentional was the right call. My questions:

1) Do you give a T to B1 for her unsportsmanlike act even though you didn't see it?

2) Do you give a T to the coach for his comment to B1?

Any other comments?