View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 08:29am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
You don't want to communicate with the coaches after a ballgame in most cases.

Having said that, you have to do what fits your own personality. My communication with coaches is pretty limited. I'm not good at joking around or being sarcastic. So my communication is mostly short, one-line all-business answers.
Concur with Scrapper.

I have a very short (30 sec) introduction with the coach pre-game - kids properly equipped, report subs to the table, let us know the type of time out, practice sportsmanship, good luck.

I limit my conversation during the game, but will answer questions if asked and allow them to vent a bit.

While I'm pretty good with humor, I too try to be mostly business on the court. Helps me avoid problems.

That being said, I have seen one very respected official in our Association who is very approachable on the court to the coaches who like to chat-up his ear when he is table-side - that is his method and after many yrs he is good at it. You need to do what is right for you.