View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 09, 2009, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

NBA this year too. Vince Carter and Derrick Stafford (Ref). Stafford gave 2 T's and ejected Carter. Carter got in his face and Stafford allegedly called him a boy.

In response to the OP . . . fan(s) get(s) the buh-bye in several cases:

1. Interfere with players, coaches, game on the court. Keep their butts in the stands.
2. ANY profanity. See ya!
3. ANYTHING racial. Later!
4. Loudly, brazenly, and repeatedly questioning the integrity of the officials (e.g., calling the officials cheaters is one). I know some may disagree, but there comes a point when it shouldn't be ignored.

Just my take. Also, I HIGHLY recommend NEVER attempting to handle fan situations by yourself. Always get game administrators/management to address the fan. No one wins when a game official attempts to confront a fan. Just google it . . . NEVER a good outcome!

I will admit though, that as I work "higher level games" (i.e., college, varsity) that I am far less likely to hear anything from the stands (if anything). But, in those sub-varsity, JH, Little Dribblers, and rec-league games, I tend to put up with far less nonsense . . . and that's just me. I know others won't agree.