View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 08:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljudge View Post
Great thing to consider, Ed. But, you can't give a USC after the game was over. But, if my memory serves me correct I thought use of a video at halftime or other times during the game was USC if it was used for coaching purposes. And, I believe you have to see them actually looking at the video if it was in fact looked at during the game. Not 100% sure so since you brought it up....

Any idea?
A liberal interpretation of the rule is you don't look at the video until after the game. The question in this situation is how can you look at the video at halftime to see if a play was successful or not and not be coaching? And, if the coach tells you he looked at the video is not that sufficient evidence?

Not looking for a flag but the rules are the rules.

Clarification. In our area the game is not over until you leave the field. Example. A few years ago my head linesman made a terrific no-call that decided the game. The losing assistant coach approached him and verbally berated him to the point that security had to step in. We flagged the coach and he sat home the following week.