Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 06, 2009, 10:42am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc147119 View Post
What would you have if A1 goes up for a dunk and prior to leaving the floor B1 establishes LGP. A1 crashes into B1 for a player control foul. A1 continues on the dunk as he is already in motion and gets fouled hard by B2. Ball does not get dunked but hits the rim, bounces up and continues back down through the goal for the basket. I understand that if it had been a blocking foul first and then a charging foul we would have a false double foul BUT is the same true when the player control occurs first? Once the player control foul is called does the ball become dead straight away or is it still live as the attempt as began (which is normally the case). I do not see how could I have a false double foul in this situation but rather just a PC foul. Your help please!
No basket; just a PC foul here. I don't put blame on the athletes for this play and its dead ball stuff such as dunking a dead ball or dead ball contact by B2 unless it was intentional or flagrant.

Yes, once the PC is called, the ball is dead.

The wierd foul call on this play are likely the dreaded blarge (two officials signalling different fouls). I could see calling a multiple foul IF B1 was late trying to obtain LGP AND B2 hit A1 completely separate of B1. Both of these fouls risk injury to A1 and need to be curtailed. Having said that, I have never seen that scenario.