View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 23, 2002, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Spaman_29
What is the question

I am not sure what your is question, but I am guessing that you are wondering what the procedure is and in this case could this be unsportsmanlike.

officicals and their duties
RULE 2.8.4 - notify the coach and then notify the player on a disqualification.

The case book gives a little bit more information - It is recommended that the official who called the foul be responsible for notification. The scorer is to indicate to that official when a player(s) has committed his/her fifth foul (personal and technical) or second technical foul. The calling official will immediately notify the coach and then the player of the disqualification. The player is officially disqualified and becomes bench personnel when the coach is notified. The official then instructs the timer to begin the 30-second replacement period.

If the scorer never lets the officials know then IS it the responsiblity of the coach or player to let the official know that they have fouled out? NO, Even if they know that they have fouled out they don't have the responsibility to let the official know.

Until you let the coach and player know of the the disqualification the player is still a valid player and not bench personnel.

Hey if we as a team, (the scorer, timer, and officials) miss that a player has fouled out then I am going to eat it.