Thread: Chewing Gum
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 22, 2002, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

3) I do not know of any StateHSAA that bans players from chewing gum while playing basketball. I know that the OhioHSAA and MichiganHSAA does not, and I have checked with my friends in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Florida, and South Carolina, and these states do not either

I can tell you point blank that you are wrong about at least one of these states you just listed.
I just last week attended the mandatory rules clinic, and.....it is not allowed.

I am not going to debate this any further, if you want to allow it, go ahead. I am not and I am comfortable in the knowledge that what I am doing is by the direction of the state and my association.

I have never rung up a T on gum, but if a player tells me to take a hike over it, I just might do that....right over to the coach and inform him that player A1 is gone for a flagrant followed by the obligatory 2 shots and the ball to B.

Call your game, and I will call mine.
I must be doing something right, I have more requests for work than I could possibly fill.
Maybe Rut is right when he goes on and on about court presence and people management.
MAN!, now you have me agreeing with Rut, what would yaworski say about that?