Thread: lane lines
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 04, 2009, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
No, he's telling you he doesn't watch NBA games, or as we call it, the NBE.
ah ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
WWE = World Wrestling Entertainment.

NBE = National Basketball Entertainment

Same sh!t, different name....
so you think the nba is fixed? then why isn't there a game 7 in every nba finals, and why do they "allow" boring matchups sometimes? people talk about the lakers and celtics and what stern wanted. ok, how many times has a dream matchup like that happened in the past several seasons? exactly. one ref, one celtics/lakers matchup, and you call it the wwe? that doesn't make any sense.

football vs basketball: skill is more responsible for the results in basketball. in football, the underdog has a better chance of winning vs other sports; one slip and that could be the game. in basketball, you consistently have to do good; one guy slipping means 2 points out of 100, so that's not the game. you can't get as lucky in basketball. and in the nba, 7 game series make it so flukes don't happen as much, unlike in the nfl, where flukes happen a lot (flukes are different from upsets). even in the march madness tournament, the better teams usually win. if you had an ncaa tournament for football, there would be 3x as many "upsets" i bet.

everybody i talk to says that's what makes football great, is that it's so random and the underdog has such a good chance. really? then i guess you would like gambling, because that's random. or perhaps you would like it if football was only 30 minutes, that way it would be even more volatile. the underdog winning isn't fun if 1. it happens often 2. it happens by random chance, not really by consistent skill (fluke). to me, the nfl has a better regular season, and it's more fun to watch an entire game; the nba has better playoffs (60-105 games vs 11 games is one reason), and it's more fun to watch the end of a game. that's why i'm kinda on the fence between the 2. i feel they are very different sports though. if i had to choose, i would choose the nba over the nfl, if for no other reason than because the nba needs people like me right now.

i also feel that some of you mock the nba just because you like to mock things and/or jump on the bandwagon and think it's funny, when in reality you would choose it as your 2nd or 3rd favorite league to watch. kinda like how some people say "omg taco bell is made with grade d meat, it gives you diarrhea!", when most actually like it and eat it frequently.

Last edited by PackersFTW; Wed Feb 04, 2009 at 02:55pm.