View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 03, 2009, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Kansas vs. Baylor

The SamIAm's enjoyed a nice game in which the good guys won. My kids asked what a Jayhawk sounded like. I told them to keep listening and they
would hear it (the rock, chalk, jayhawk chant). My 8yr old watch the whole game, which was nice, except a few to many questions. But we worked it out. My 13 year old and her teammate/guest, who joined our us for the outing, watched most of the game (as opposed to being more socially inclined).

A couple of officiating points I wondered about:

At about the 8 minute mark of the 1st half, after a dunk by Baylor, the ball rolled out to the foul line. A KU player threw the ball to his teammate to inbound. The inbounder jumped in the air and batted the ball inbounds to his teammate. However the inbounder landed in-bounds before he batted the ball. The C and the T both blow their whistles, the C points to the table, the T seems to mention something about staying oob until he inbounds the ball. Easy to see from the 10th row of the upper section that there wasn't any reason to blow the whistle if the IB was done properly and if not done properly, it would be a violation. But, what do I know.

I saw an occurrence of giving the ball to B even though B committed the OOB violation instead of calling a foul on KU.

(Edited for typing issues)

Last edited by SamIAm; Tue Feb 03, 2009 at 02:59pm.