View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 03:45pm
#thereferee99

Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
NFHS 3-5-7: Jewelry is prohibited. Religious and medical-alert medals are not considered jewelry. A religious medal must be taped and worn under the uniform. A medical-alert medal must be taped and may be visible.

Home team is wearing white jerseys. During the third period, I notice that a home team player is wearing a red wristband. During a dead ball, clock stopped situation, I tell him that he can't play with the red wristband on. He tells me it's a special wristband to cover his medical alert bracelet, and sure enough, he shows me his bracelet, and he shows me the red wristband with a white medical alert logo on it.
Sounds like something EMTs would know all about. If, just if, that kid goes down relating to whatever medical condition he had, or down from whatever reason and EMTs are on scene and aren't aware of that taped medal (covered by a legal wristband) which would give them vital info it would not be good. I think you absolutely did the correct thing.

I would inform partner and both coaches that you have deemed, as bJenks suggests, that they wristband is part of the medal and is legal in this sitch.