Thread: Naso
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 31, 2009, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPORT View Post
I have been a member for many years but I am re-thinking it this year.
My high school insurance coverage through the Federation Officials association gives me coverage for the sports I work.

NASO is expensive but I believe Referee mag is a good benefit. If I drop the insurance, I will probably still continue to get the magazine.

Seriously, what is the difference between 4 million coverage and 1 million coverage. The vultures will get what they can get.
Very often, an injury settlement will have the vulture stop trying after $1 million and well short of $4 million. Even paralysis victims stop before $4 million. I've seen a lot, and your statement is quite vague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
Both my son & I are members of NASO. Good coverage, fair magazine, good buys on items. I've been a member for 27 years and no down side other than the dues have increased over the years.
Also, I took my son to a tournament in Arizona that I wasn't even umpiring, and I got a three star hotel room for half off with my NASO card. My yearly dues cost me $94.00 and my first use of my NASO card saved me almost $400.00. So because of my NASO membership, we didn't have to stay in some P.O.S. hotel just to please Mrs. Finnerty.

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Sun Feb 01, 2009 at 12:29pm.