View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Last night I showed up for a varsity girls game. I noticed during the JV game that both teams had illegal colors of pre-wrap. I sighed. Personally, I'd rather ignore it, but I just can't.

So, when the teams came out, I decided to handle it early. I walked across and talked to the home coach and told him that red prewrap couldn't be worn with white uniforms. Of course I was the first official to enforce that this year. I told him I couldn't control others, but I am giving him plenty of time to fix it. I then went to the other coach and told her what I had been talking about with the other coach and told her to make sure all the kids were wearing black (which was the color of their uniforms, too).

In the end, the visiting team gave the coach a beige roll of prewrap and that's what the kids wore. BTW, it looked worse than the red.

Before the game, the coach said he understood it was the rule and the playoffs were coming so they had to be in compliance and better now than then. So why did it take until their 7th or so home game?

Home team colors are purple and gold but they are wearing white jerseys. This is JV so when I see purple prewrap, I mention it to the coach who then says, everyone else said it was alright since it's one of the school colors.

I notice the varsity team is the same. I say something to varsity guys during halftime. Yep, everyone else is saying it's alright if it's one of the team colors. I remind them the rule says "predominant color of jersey". They tell me I'm the only one to go letter of the rule.

OOOOKKKK.

Rita