View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 24, 2009, 07:36pm
Official Forum Member

You do not have any of the shirts made from the second generation fabric if you can't see or tell the difference. The first generation I was thrilled with--especially for the price. I rotate like you and I won't wear out my stock of shirts for many years. The second generation is the one with all the quality and consistency problems.

Interesting site at today's clinic in Los Angeles: No less than three guys trying to unload their hideous Official's Choice cream shirts--the absolute worst-looking cream umpire's shirt ever manufactured. The wide stripes look even more ridiculous on these things than they do on the black--far more.

And your contact with the company sure beats mine. I encountered the most arrogant, unprofessional and out-of-touch supplier in the entire umpire gear industry.

This is how the owner responded to my question about whether his black shirt was going to return to the industry-standard design. (I didn't even address the hideous cream shirts. I mean, these things are downright laughable.):

Hello Kevin Finnerty,

I am sorry I think we will not be able to accommodate you and your shirt needs.

Our company is CHANGING one umpire at a time and will continue to change the way the umpire industry is outfitted. The BLACK shirt with the wider WHITE stripe is the way it is by design, and this color is the most popular shirt in our line. The reason is you can see our WHITE stripes clear. The reasons why the competition made the stripes thin I don't understand and is very unfortunate. But it is either just to copy the MLB Umpire shirt and/or the most likely reason is because they may not understand fabric and/or design. My hope is they keep is the same way as they do today.

The competition (industry standards) are/will continue to move to our design of The Officials Choice, Inc. referee and umpire shirts. More and more satisfied people from coast to coast buy and wear the BEST shirts on the market made by The Official's Choice, Inc.

Forward me the email of your group President and/or group Assignor and we
will be glad to send them a sample to compare side-by-side with the competitions thin stripe black shirt. After they show your entire group I am sure the overwhelming response of the group will be to convert to our shirt.

"... You can see our white stripes clear."

Suggestion to owner guy: Secretary

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Sun Jan 25, 2009 at 02:13pm.