View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 24, 2009, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Up in my neck of the woods, what I wear is up to me and whoever I'm doing the game with. Trust me - I've bought most colours available it seems. I have several of the Officials Choice shirts and really like them. I am not made of money, but the truth is, I have enough shirts so that any given shirt is used less than 10 times a year. I won't be wearing any out, that is for sure. I don't have a tremendously critical eye for shades of colour, and again... I ALWAYS have the exact shirt as my partner. As for trim which is thicker, and so on... nobody worries about the minutiae - as long as both umpires are the same.

Of course, I have the benefit of NOT having someone breathing down my throat telling me what I can and cannot wear. As for The Officials Choice, my dealings there have been stellar. And from a quality and price point of view - they get my cash. I just got one of the jackets and they are terrific.

One thing - I have, in my hands, a Honigs navy and an OC navy and... I cannot see, feel or even guess at what the difference is and, absent a label... would not be able to tell one from the other.

Just an opinion from a guy who has some shirts - has had several dealings with the company and has nothing bad, and in fact, only good things to say.

Cheers... bring on the spring!