View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioref View Post
Do you really check all bats to see if they are on or off the list? We are told to look for the asa 2000 or 2004 inscription.Plus for cracks,dents, and tape.The last list I got was 9 pages long with multiple bats per page. And im cant find it now so im not sure if this was the legal or illegal list. (From what I know bat makers make new bats and new models every year) They also tell us unless the opposing teams coach has a issue about a bat he better have the list with him and up to date before we declare it illegal.
Uh, yeah. Pretty much, pal. That's my job.

Last year, I kept up with the list updates as best I could - what got added, and when did it get added. However, the list eventually grew to over 100 bats (101, last I recall), which made this job tedious.

There are certain bats I recognize instantly as being banned (Synergy II, Freak, etc.), and those are no-brainers. There are also others that I recognize as being approved: Freak98, Cyclone, etc. However, if I encounter a bat that I haven't seen before (or one where I'm not 110% certain of its status), yeah, I check it against the non-approved list. And believe you me, I catch bats left and right, followed by the usual, "but we've been playing with this all season..."

And I know my list is up-to-date within 24 hours because, well... I'm a geek, and y'all know the rest.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.