View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 21, 2009, 12:22am
Official Forum Member

I have knowledge.....

A few seconds left in the thrird quarter. White has the ball after green makes basket. I'm new trail.

Ball is passed from just in front of me to near the division line. Player makes a try for the basket. It falls short. Rebound is by her teammate. She goes up for a shot and is fouled.

At this point I have just made it to the division line. I clearly have 1.2 seconds left on the clock at the time of the foul. Both C and L have whistled. Turns out L and C have both forgotten pregame and that C was supposed to have clock in this situation. L has signalled no shot because time ran out. (How he thought that, I don't know. He was under the clock.)

White team coach is wanting the foul call and is talking to my partners. Neither of them look my way.

My partners and I discussed the situation in the locker room after the game and we worked out what should have happened and where we went wrong as a team. The question I am putting up for discussion is this: How do you, as the third, let your partners know you have knowledge that can help get the call right without throwing your partners under a bus or fueling an already excited coach? That was my dilemma.

Rita