View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 20, 2009, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

Back a couple of seasons ago, I was in the market for some new powder blue shirts. Decided to try the Officials Choice brand to save a few bucks (my old shirts were Cliff Keen).

My impressions:

- There is a definite "open weave" to the fabric. I guess that might be a bonus on a very hot day, but it wasn't what I was expecting. By "open weave", I mean that if you're wearing an undershirt with any type of logo on it, the logo is totally readable through the Officials Choice shirt. Same with a chest protector- every logo, pad, plate, buckle and strap can be made out right through the fabric.

Perhaps that is less of an issue with a darker colored shirt, or when the shirt is viewed from a distance.

- The light blue buttons on the shirt turned that funky "pinkish/purplely" color after a few washings. I will likely wind up replacing these buttons myself.

- The stitching around the button holes seemed to unravel and fray a bit. I found myself clipping off loose threads fairly often and this area of the shirt is looking kind of worn.

- The sizing is generous. My XL shirts were roomier than any XL shirt I've had from other brands.

- The "see through" effect, faded buttons and button hole stitching aside, these shirts are quite comfortable. As for durability, the rest of the shirt- collar, sleeves, body, pocket, seams, etc.- has held up well, with no noticable wear or damage.

Would I order these shirts again? I'm kind of on the fence. Considering the cheap price, probably, just to get a shirt color that I wouldn't use too often, or to have some back-ups for summer when I'm working tons of league games night-after-night.

Last edited by BretMan; Tue Jan 20, 2009 at 08:39pm.