Thread: Shirts
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 16, 2002, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

I have the micromesh and the polyester shirts. The micromesh are without a doubt much cooler.

Originally, I had the polyester shirts and wore a cotton T-shirt underneath. I, and the cotton undershirt, would be soaked by the end of the game.

I then tried the micromesh with a sleeveless Cool-Max or Dri-Fit undershirt. I was practially dry at the end a game. Either the shirts are cooler or I sweat just as much but the micromesh and the dri-fit/coolmax give the sweat an easy path to evaporate,

These undershirts also increase the rate of evaporation by wicking it away from your skin. Apparently, a person with a dri-fit shirt on will dry faster then a person with bare skin (both being equally wet to start with). These wicking undershirts are often may of polyester but of a very different weave than the standared poly officials shirts.

Now, I want to try the Intera shirts. I've heard good things about them. They look more like the polyester shirts but have the wicking properties like the dri-fit/coolmax shirts. They may be the best of both in one shirt. I'm going to try them this season.

One note about them, the directions say to NOT wash or dry them with fabric softener. It supposedly damages the wicking properties. I just air dry mine. They dry very fast.

[Edited by Camron Rust on Oct 16th, 2002 at 11:30 AM]