View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 20, 2009, 12:32am
Keeper of the HAMMER

It started pre-game

GV, I'm U2. R comes up to us after visiting with the table and says, "H Coach told me that V post players have a tendency to lift their pivot foot prior to blah blah blah."
Me: "You should have told him to save it for the coach's meeting."

I knew it was going to be fun. Coach chirps a bit, and U1 tells me he warned the coach early in the 2nd quarter. He seems to want an explanation for too much. After I call a PC on his dribbler, he wants to know how I can call that. I immediately tell him that she had position and was moving sideways and backwards at contact. He starts in about falling backwards, "Coach, no rule says she can't."

Half time is when it got fun, though. Coach wants to talk to us, so the R asks the V coach if he'll join us as she doesn't want to have the talk without everyone present.

H coach basically whines that he was told to "shut up" (not true) when the V coach gets to ask questions. R flatly tells him that we'll be happy to answer respectful questions.

2nd half, I call his player for a push on a layup shooter just after she gathered the ball and started her shooting motion, the basket goes in and I count it. I see coach has a question as I report it.

"How can that be good, there's no continuation in high school basektball."
Oh good G*d!

"Coach, she had started her shooting motion." I walked away. I should have known better than to let him ask.