View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 19, 2009, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

BBallRef -

I am a fan of the game and of the players, who I think deserve better than this. And in this case, it seems the player certainly followed your advice and kept his mouth shut, but he got T'd up anyone - hmmmmm.

Look at it this way - today the Duke student newspaper retracted an earlier story alleging that the player in fact said something and changed their story to the more widely reported 'someone behind the bench'. They could hardly be called GU fans, no? I think we all know CIS is a wild place to experience with 9000 home fans yelling persistently, which just exagerrates the oddness of the official claiming it was this one opposing player who was out of line vocally. As JRut pointed out, perhaps he knew the voice, which is interesting because since being made available for interviews, numerous DC media have reported on the distinct quality of this kids baritone. Makes it even harder to believe he mistook it.

There is a lot of good info and I thank everyone for their insight. I won't bother discussing Class A and B since I think that has been clarified now by others and glad to hear that their is a protocol in place for when you aren't certain who said what , as was sited in the example given later in the thread.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Some thoughts:

I get the impression that you're a Georgetown fan. Could it be?

There's no such thing as a "bench foul." There is no "more usual bench technical assessed against the bench collectively." You assess it to the person who opened his mouth.

It makes no difference if the player "has worked so hard to get there." When you're on the bench, you'd be smart to keep your mouth shut.

John Cahill has worked several Final Fours and National Championship games. He was there, we were not.