View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 14, 2009, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
I didn't realize, Mr. Rutledge, you were authorized to speak for everyone, or determine what has, or doesn't have any merit. I must have been absent the day you were crowned.

I didn't tell anybody what they could, or couldn't say. I suggested that the immediate reaction and what was said, by some, about a 50 year official, who doubtfully anyone knows personally, was disgraceful, and it was. Yes, you are overbearing and pompous, not always, but frequently you seem to relish climbing up on a high horse if someone dares disagree with you or offers a different perspective. For the record, it's not becoming and doesn't add to the level of credibility you seem so concerned with. Don't assume silence means agreement, more likely it's a sign of simply ignoring you, and rolling eyes.

I'd love to see you confine your remarks to the subject, and drop all this ancillary, imaginary BS you keep trying to inject into the discussion to accomplish nothing but blow smoke and defend previously excessive comments that added nothing to the discussion.

The "things you'de done" don't provide you with a license to slander anyone because you don't happen to agree with, or like, what they think is a good idea. You keep trying to twist this interaction into someting it's not. All I've suggested is that you, and others, went too far in trying to bully and intimidate someone you disagree with by attacking his character and motivation which at best you are only guessing at. If you had any sense of manners or civility, you'd have understood what I was saying and responded accordingly, rather than pump up all your bluster and try and defend being stupid by being more stupid.

All this agita about who I am, what I've done, where I'm from and how long I've been doing what we do, doesn't mean squat. If I offer something worthwhile that has value, that's good, you're welcome to consider it. If what I offer is stupid, irrelevant or you just don't agree with it, your absolutely free to disregard it. I have already told you I've been doing, this thing we do, a lot longer than you. That doesn't guarantee I'm right, but it also doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Someone referenced the "opinion" of a 50 year official, which like any opinion we're all free to accept or reject. Just who do you think you are that you can demand that somehow this man, who simply rendered an opinion, must justify his very existence, his career, his accomplishments to satisfy the mighty Mr. Rutledge. If you don't think his opinion is valid, then ignore it, but demanding someone meet with your approval, sounds awfully like a pompous a$$. You're not some judge, nobody owes you squat.

There are significant differences between you and me. I understand that my perception is not always the best perspective and am willing to consider a different approach to consider if it might just be better. You don't seem capable to even consider that you may not be absolutely correct, and seem iadverse to even suggesting a possibility you might be wrong. Personal perfection is a heavy cross to bear.

I'm not arguing the merits of the A-11 offense with you, I'm suggesting you sometimes you have a real big mouth and trying to bluster your way through mistakes isn't working for you. You can either take that with a grain of salt, or just dismiss it out of hand. Either way, that's your decision and how you decide is entirely on you.
Guess he did not take my advice.