Thread: 3 FTs proposal
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 14, 2009, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Concur, interesting proposal.

But, I also agree that this would give an added level of complextiy to those of us already challenged at the sub-V level, with a two-man crew, without a shot clock, and with "non-professionals" at the table.

I remember (I think) the ole NBA "three for two" rule where you got three chances to make two foul shots. Of course, that was a few days ago.....
I just think that the concept is worth revisiting every so often. No shot clock and some "newbies" or "homers" on the clock can make changes difficult.

I think that the very problem that we have is the 3-points-for-2-points trade off with this tactic. I don't necessarily think that we should be automatically giving a team 3-shots if they are behind. But, if a team wants to make it a FT-shooting contest, they will know that they will be giving up 3-shots after they get to 13 (I don't like 10 as this would prolong too many other games where the "tactic" was not being used, but rather just the situations in the games). This would cause the coach to "do some math" before committing the 13th, 14th foul just as they do today when they are down by 14 with 30 seconds left and no time-outs.