View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 13, 2002, 02:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to DncnRef Send a message via AIM to DncnRef
Questions from the test

Q/A #5-See page 12 and 58 in the case book for situations concerning “blood”. Saturated means “wet” and it talks about “excessive”. What is excessive to you might not be for someone else. When I see “wet” blood on a uniform, I stop play. Period! It came from somewhere and it should be dealt with as quickly as possible. There are certain precautions that must be met when cleaning the ball, floor or whatever surface it is found on. Peroxide takes it out of the jersey in “no time”. Maybe a little spray bottle in the “ref “ bag might be a good idea…I missed #5 on purpose so I could show why a little could go a long way!
Q/A #32-CB stands between both feet of the CF. Trick question, it’s on there all the time. Don’t be concerned with the back line just the center line.
Q/A #35-Must be held or released for service, if it hits the floor a re-serve could be granted. This action would be illegal. The action, “toss” is not required. A player may also drop the ball for an underhand serve. Loose the word “toss” from your requirement for a re-serve. The right word is “release”!
Q/A #45-True if the ball is entirely above the net, False if any part is below the top of the net. It doesn’t matter where the players' hand is, just where the ball is. Their answer is vague at best. “It is obvious that the player is above the net”. Doesn’t seem so obvious to me…
My best advice would be to invest in a case book, study other rule sets (USA, NCAA, FIVB) and learn what they do. They send out information all the time and they train their officials. NFHS sells books!
Bob