View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 11, 2009, 04:47pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
This weekend has got to be one of the strangest ones I've worked in a long time. Had another weird thing in one of my games this morning. It was an 8th grade boys game and I had to eject a kid after he picked up two technicals. What's so strange about that you say? Both fouls were for reaching over the line on defense and hitting the ball while it was still in the inbounders hands. He did it once in Q2 and once in Q4. To make it even weirder, those were the only two fouls he had in the whole game.

His team got another T when a different kid just reached over without hitting the ball in Q3, but the T in Q2 also counted as their first delay warning.

There was no complaint from the coach and, to his credit, he apparently understood the rule based on his comments to his players when these incidents happened. That was quite refreshing for a change.

Or maybe the reason he didn't complain was that his team won by 25.

I thought about whether or not I ever had this happen to a kid before and I think I remember it happening about 11 or 12 years ago, but that's the only time. What about you guys? Ever have the same kid do this twice in a game?
Never had it once, let alone twice, or twice within the same game, or twice within the same game by the same player.