View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 11, 2009, 02:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derwil View Post
Nevada is so...........subtle.

I'd first check to see if there was a sheet of paper with the boys names/numbers supplied to the table from which the info was copied into the book. If there is a sheet and the name is correct on the paper, the coach has fulfilled their obligation under the rules. Change the name and play on.

If the name is incorrect and was copied directly from the paper or there is no sheet, and the book has not yet been changed then ask the coach if it's worth the T to change the name in the score book. Not to get into an argument on intent of the rule but it does say to supply the number and name....wrong name is still a name and I would not give a T if the book wasn't changed.

If the name was changed already, no choice but to inforce the penalty.

Question: What if the name was correct but spelled incorrectly (Kimberly Vs. Kymberly etc.). Book is caught changing the name in the book....what now? Ummm after reading the thread again, BillyMac already had something like I just added.....Great Job Billy!! Well thought out, you are one smart guy!
the info was copied from the visitors book to the home "official" book, so the visitors made the mistake.........