Thread: Gonzaga/Tenn
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 08, 2009, 09:28am
#thereferee99

Heck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHCoachNRef View Post
Personally, I would like to see one extra "teammate" added to the crew covering sports games. I know that a few of the football bowl games had a "rules interpreter" on the crew covering the games for the networks.

It would be nice to have another referee at the event in the background. Anytime there was a controversial play -- such as this one (I was watching as well) -- the executive producer could quickly consult the referee who could provide feedback directly to the commentators. With the size of the crews that they take to these games -- cameramen, producers, announcers, etc. it would seem that they could improve the quality of the broadcast by having the referee on board at a very low cost. I would also add one to the "technical staff" in the ESPN Studios that would prevent a repeat of the error over and over on Sportscenter for the next 23 hours.

They could just have one of the ESPN technical staff pump a question into this forum, or call their dad who is a referee.

If they want someone for on screen exposure, the "Expert Village" guy already is known to countless thousands.