View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 07, 2009, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
First HS game of this season, I typically work Varsity, but assignor asked for help and I complied.

Girls JV game, kinda sloppy but no troubles. 2.9 seconds left, team B inbounding under the basket, trying to go full length of the court. B4 throws the inbound pass directly out of bounds in front of her coach. I blow my whistle, indicate the violation, and point to the spot of the ensuing inbound attempt by team A. Team b coach jumps up, with ball in hand, and yells "Why didn't the clock start? Why do they get the ball on the baseline?"

I relay all of the necessary information to her, retrieve the ball, administer the inbound, half ends. Team B coach is still hollering about the clock, "You're wrong! You're wrong!" I warn, she leaves the court, end of story.

Coming back after halftime, the Varsity coach - who was sitting on the bench during the exchange - Walks over to me and apologizes to me for JV coach's antics. He says he explained the situation to her, and she understood.

Midway thru the 3rd, team B is one foul away from shooting the bonus, and we have only called 1 foul on team B. After that foul call, she jumps up and says "You guys have to call it both ways!!!"