Thread: A 1st year 1st
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 07, 2009, 08:02am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
cdoug. Great story! Most, if not all of us have, been there, done that with eveything you described.

I was at a Freshman HS game last night where the ref did the first 7 min of the game by himself on a LARGE court. While the coaches chirped, I thought he did a pretty good job. He really got in one coaches face early though.

I personally like calling the coaches together before the game and saying - look, I can see the ball and watch it - but don't be looking for me to call off-ball illegal screen contact, three seconds, who the ball went off in the corner when I'm at the free throw line opposite side, etc. You just can't see it all!

I would venture to say many of us have pointed in the worng direction or used the wrong hand and arm signal in the past. Just explain it and move on.

As for the T - only you really know whether it was good or not. But, sounds ok to me. You can only take so much "chirping" and an attack on your person or character should never be tolerated. Seat belting him is fine IMO!