Thread: A 1st year 1st
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 07, 2009, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

A 1st year 1st

Had a boys MS games last night - 2 games 5/6 and 7/8 grade combined (my 3rd this year/ever) and had the pleasure of doing it alone since my P didn't show. Ugh! Fortunately I've been reading here for a while and remembered the post(s) about 1-man games. I told the coaches before the game the it looked like I'd probably be the only one and would do the best I could but since I only have one pair of eyes and can't be everywhere I may miss some things.

I did the best I could; both coaches were pretty good for the first half, not complaining any more than I'd expect with 2-man. Start of the 2nd half home team came out flat (they were down 7ish at half) and V was on and built a large lead (15+ points). Evidently H-HC thought it was my fault since he started in mid-way through the 3rd about not calling fouls. During TOs he wanted to come out on the court and talk to me about "watching for fouls" instead of coaching his team. I warned him that he couldn't be half way across the court (literally).

In the 4th quarter (7/8 game) a ball goes OB right by H bench. I call white ball (which was correct) but point the wrong way (still not sure why). H-HC goes off saying it's their ball. I tell him I know it was and that's what I said (still not realizing that I pointed the wrong way). He tells me that I pointed the wrong way. I messed up, am sorry, again say white ball and get ready to put it in play. Then H-HC says "that's not the only time you messed up tonight!"

Tweet! T on HC. So, another first. What a game!

I'm sure it was a HTBT situation, but could you give me feedback about the T if you think it was good or not?

I'm not sure if this was a good night or a bad one due to all the firsts - that's still being sorted out in my head.

Hopefully I won't have another 1-man game in a long time.

Last edited by cdoug; Wed Jan 07, 2009 at 07:47am.