View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Ok, here's a format for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack View Post
Or, we could just cut to the chase and have #1 and #2 play, which is what we have Thursday, and cut out the middleman.

Had Florida not been in the BCS title game, I'd have said, "Fine. Shouldn't have lost to Ole Miss at home." (And I went to Florida).

Everybody has a ding on their record. Please don't tell me about Utah. Good team. If you honestly think they're one of the two best teams in the country, fine, but I don't see it.

Dumbass Laura Okmin after the game last night talking about how "nobody thought you should be here," which is completely asinine. Talk to the Big 12 about how they break ties for a division title. You could have put Texas in Thursday's game just as easily as Oklahoma (and maybe Texas Tech, until they got smacked by Ole Miss). These are fine distinctions when you get down to deciding between one-loss teams.

Oklahoma and Florida have impressive bodies of work (as do some other teams). Sorry about your luck if you have an impressive body of work and don't get into the one game at the end, but those are the breaks.

Yeah, I'm pro-playoff. Present me with a format that everybody can live with. Good luck.

Seed the 4 BCS bowls with the top 8 teams and move them to December
23rd and 24th. The winner of those 4 bowl games play January 1st and 3rd. The winner of those two games plays January 16th. This pushes the season out only 8 more days. It could have been done this year. There were only two bowls on the 23rd and 24th(Poinsettia and Sheraton Hawaii bowls). These could have been moved to December 22nd.

I don't believe anybody can argue that the best team in college football will be ranked out of the top 8.