View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
Hey DZ...do you know what exactly they were complaining about? It looked like the initial spot by the LJ was about a half yard short of the LTG. I thought he reached the LTG so my initial reaction was bad spot. When the camera came back to the ball though, it was marked where I thought it should be marked. I assumed Tressel's reaction was due to someone changing the initial spot made by the LJ even though I thought it was the correct spot. I could understand why he was upset if he thought he was getting jobbed but a changed spot but in the end, the officials got the right spot.
That's exactly what I think happened. The spot was changed (rightfully so) and Tressel nearly flew off the handle when it did. My guess is that the LJ wasn't perpindicular to the play because it was coming right at him and he didn't want to get clobbered. He was probably given help by the HL or U on the spot. Again, great spot.

I wasn't worried about Tressel being flagged for being on the field, but rather what words might come out of his mouth.