View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 12:06am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertZebra View Post
OK, I had two reasons to watch the Fiesta Bowl, aside from natural necessity just by being a male: I'm a Buckeye fan, and my great cousin was white hatting the game.

As a fellow white hat I have a valid question to ask of him. On the game winning touchdown Texas was called for USC for rushing the field after the TD, which was totally called for. What I want to know is why the receiver was not flagged for USC for diving into the endzone when he was totally clear of any defenders. The following kickoff should have been from the 7 1/2 yard line. Those 7 yards would have been crucial after the kick return, as OSU would have been at (or across) midfield, and vastly changing the play call on 1st down. Keep in mind, the OSU place kicker would have just needed a few yards to be placed into field goal range.

Hope my cousin as a reason why there was no flag on the receiver, because it was totally warranted.
Was that not what he was flagged for?

And if that was not what the flag was for (they were called for USC BTW), then I can easily make a case that he was diving in to make sure he scored. He did not just do a swan dive. He was trying to get into the end zone. But I thought that was what the flag was for.

How about, not put them in that position and win the damn game? I am tired of Buckeyes complaining when you cannot finish the deal.

Peace