View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 09:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Land Of Steady Habits ...

Here in my little corner of Connecticut, our local board assigner uses the Arbiter. We get almost all of our regular season high school games (V, JV, F), as well as many middle school games, assigned to us around Thanksgiving, including dates, sites, schools, times, gender, level, R or U, and partners. Snow postponements, a few schedule changes made by the schools, especially around midyear exam times, and turnbacks (injury, illness, family, business) may change our schedule a little during the season. Post season league, and conference, tournament assignments are made at the end of the regular season. State tournament assignments are not made by our local board assigner, but by the state tournament assigner, with input from, get ready for this, here it comes, the coaches, although to be honest with all of you, the coaches do an excellent job of selecting what we officials consider to be our best officials. Really.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jan 05, 2009 at 09:12pm.