View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 06:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Just curious……

Earlier in one of the threads we were discussing upcoming games – Jrut said he can look forward to: “Only 3 days off this year.”

My question(s) are these – How far out do you know your schedule?
I have about 10 or 15 games for next year right now. I will get the majority of my high school schedule done by March. I will not find out my college schedule (which could change everything) until after the summer.

Quote:
Do you Sr. V refs know your entire year’s schedule already (minus possible post season)?
By season time, I know my entire high school schedule (where I am going and when I am working) unless there is a change in the game on the school's part.

Quote:
Do you V refs who only work a V schedule actually have less games than those of us who work lower levels as most V games are the same days (i.e. – Tuesdays and Friday’s here).
I only accept varsity games before the season and I might pick up a game or two at the lower level. But I do not get asked to work lower level games anymore unless there is a special rivalry that the assignor might not have someone else available. Usually I am asked to evaluate officials for associations and assignors.

Quote:
When you use Arbiter (or another online program) do you have multiple Assignors look at one calendar or do use multiple calendars?
This has become a recent phenomenon in my area. Almost every assignor uses the Assign by Net or Arbiter. Now every college assignor except for one uses an online site for assigning. And with both Arbiter and Assign By Net, there is access from others to see all your sites. I am not happy about that, but that is a conversation for another day.

Peace