View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 05:45pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Assignors and Assignments

Just curious……

Earlier in one of the threads we were discussing upcoming games – Jrut said he can look forward to: “Only 3 days off this year.”

My question(s) are these – How far out do you know your schedule? Do you Sr. V refs know your entire year’s schedule already (minus possible post season)? Do you V refs who only work a V schedule actually have less games than those of us who work lower levels as most V games are the same days (i.e. – Tuesdays and Friday’s here). When you use Arbiter (or another online program) do you have multiple Assignors look at one calendar or do use multiple calendars?

Reason for asking is – I ref in three leagues (2 Rec and one HS) and it’s tough to block my calendar and hold dates for my HS schedule. My HS Assignor schedules my games about a week out (wish it was further out, but understand). Is that normal for others? While I want to work as many games as possible at the HS level, I don’t want to miss opportunities by holding dates open and missing dates.

All that being said, my Association is bringing me along slowly but surely (I’m not in SoCal you know) and am I am really happy with what I’ve seen of my schedule so far. I have a full plate and love it!

I know this is a local thing, just curious how it works in your area. Thanks in advance.