View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 04, 2009, 10:25pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
I am new to the football forum and as a young coach I am looking for some clarification.

#1 In a punt situation, the punter fakes punt and instead of kicking it throws a pass down the sideline. The cb from the time of the snap is blocking the wr down the field. Obviously there is a bunch of contact and a pass interference is called. I had never seen this situation before. Is this a correct call?

#2 During a timeout, both teams come to the sideline. Defense goes out early, offense stays in huddle. At the time defense went back out on to the field all the players helmets were on. In the defense huddle, a player removes his helmet to adjust a pad, and quickly puts it back on. The offense is still near the sideline with their coach, Referee has not yet blown the whistle to end timeout to bring back the offense. This action was penalized 15 yds. Is this correct

I am always willing to learn, Thank for your interpretation.
CANADIAN RULING:
  1. Yes, PI can be called as the blocking restrictions have not ended until the ball is kicked.
  2. I would not penalize for this. Perhaps the helmet wasn't being worn properly. Safety first tells us that he can correct his equipment, without penalty. I would stop the game for an official's timeout.