View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 02, 2009, 02:57am
Official Forum Member

Mendy,
I do not advocate removing every fan who complains about the officiating. However, I certainly do believe that this individual crossed the line and needed to go prior to when he did apparently of his own accord.

This person had been identified previously as a problem and his critical comments during the game were public (loud and obnoxious), personal (singling out an official by name), and persistent (continued to ride partners from the 2nd quarter through the 3rd and beyond). According to the OP, he met all of the standards for punishment other than profane, and that's possible too, but wasn't specifically mentioned in the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman View Post
As Maury's team started to slip behind in the middle of the second quarter, he started to ride my partners. Loud and obnoxious. I was embarrassed for him. Then in the middle of the third quarter, his kid got a shot blocked cleanly and Maury started in on me, calling me by my name at the top of his lungs. I couldn't believe it. After that, he left me alone and continued to ride my partners on calls that were not even close to being controversial. It was completely classless.
Add to the fact that the game officials and probably most of the other spectators in attendance know that this person is a former official and seemingly a rather well-respected one, and what you have is tremendously poor behavior from someone who certainly knows better. That is the ideal person to make an example of by having game management remove him. It is highly likely that the others around who are probably less familiar with the HS environment would take notice.