View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 01, 2009, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Didn't actually see him come in, but I feel certain that he did. That is relevant at this point because...........

It would indicate that the Trail was completely in over his head as a Varsity official due to his lack of professionalism and game management skills.

I keep trying to picture this situation in my mind and everytime I do, I can't get past one key fact: If the officials made eye contact and were working together, this situation almost couldn't have happened. Literally, the mechanics of inbounding the ball only after making sure your partner was ready and things were OK would've surely caused the LEAD to see the coach yelling at the TRAIL and probably be able to decerne that he wanted SOMETHING. That alone should've required the LEAD to put his hand up to hold the Thrown-in until he figured out what the coach wanted wothout him having to come onto the floor. The more I think about this, the more I think the officials not only "screwed the pooch", but the whole darn pound.

Therefore its almost like they either didn't have a pregame, or were so over their heads with the game that they forgot their fundamentals.

Last edited by Ignats75; Thu Jan 01, 2009 at 10:04pm.