View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 01, 2009, 01:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"Whack Em", Problem Solved ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I told the HS girl that she did an excellent job. She asked me if all the games were going to be like that. I told her probably not. She stayed with us all through HS and became an excellent official.
When my daughter was playing high school basketball, she was asked, as a varsity player, to officiate low level girls recreation games, on the weekends, to make a few bucks. No training. The league figured that if you knew how to play the game, then you could officiate the game also. She came home from her first game in tears. She couldn't believe how rude the coaches were to the officials, who were just a bunch of untrained teenage girls trying to earn a few extra bucks. I sat her down and explained to her all the rules regarding unsporting conduct by the head coach, as well as the penalties. I told her to warn first, use the phrases, "by rule ten", and "that's enough", in requesting better bench conduct, and to "whack em" if needed. Problem solved.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)