View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 30, 2008, 10:57pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Snaqs:

Daryl explained it very simply: We are not in the lockerroom because we are not supposed to be in that lockerroom. We do not know who said what in the lockerroom. As I also said that with very rare exceptions we are not to stick our noses in a team's huddle either. As I have stated before, I am known as a real hard-a$$ when it comes to decourum, but I am mystified as to why there are officials who want to go down this path. We, as officials, have enough problems with on-the-court issues to be worrying about boogers in the lockerroom at halftime.

MTD, Sr.
Mark, we're not talking about boogers here. We're talking about a coach dripping with snot (to continue this disgusting metaphor).

To repeat the legalese someone else brought up. There is an expectation of privacy in the locker room just as you have in your car driving down the road that protects you from unlawful searches and seizures. But if the cop who pulls you over for speeding smells marijuana reeking from the car; you've lost the expectation of privacy.

The OP had a coach very loudly and very profanely, obviously (to the officials in the room) directing it towards the officials in the adjacent room, calling the officials cheaters. Language and accusations that would earn an easy flagrant if he said it from his huddle during a timeout.

BTW, I think we've hashed this out about as far as we're going to, so I will respectfully disengage at this point.

And, in spite of my earlier comments about your Buckeyes, I am grateful that their elevation allowed my Hawkeyes to go to the Outback Bowl this year.